This month’s new books include two booklets relating to Hepworth, which were published by Huddersfield & District Family History Society, and also three out-of-print publications from Honley Civic Society. A huge “thank you” to both societies for allowing the works to be digitised!
New Books Added
- The 1874 Valuation of the Shaw Freehold and Copyhold Estates in the Township of Hepworth in the County of York (2018) by Huddersfield & District Family History Society
- The Annals and History of Leeds and Other Places in the County York (1860) compiled by John Mayhall
- Claims of the Proprietors within the Township of Hepworth under the Graveship of Holme Enclosure Act 1828 (2018) by Huddersfield & District Family History Society
- Deed of Settlement of the Mirfield and Huddersfield District Banking Company (1833)
- The Geology of the Neighbourhood of Dewsbury, Huddersfield and Halifax (1871)
- The Holmfirth Flood (1910)
- Honley in the Great War 1914-1918 (2014) by Cyril Ford & Honley Civic Society
- Place Names and Surnames: Their Origin and Meaning (1944) by Taylor Dyson
- Two Hundred Years of Honley Schools (1990) by Honley Civic Society
- When the King Came to Honley (2012) by Peter Marshall
The following books have been full-text indexed for searching:
- Colne Valley Labour Party: Souvenir Centenary History (1991) edited by Cyril Pearce
- Colne Valley: Radicalism to Socialism (1981) by David Clark
This page may be updated with further news during August.